Pet Food Recalls
Up-To-Date & DANGEROUS
Keith Somers, Editor
Like Dog Wonders on My Facebook Business Page
Pet food recalls are actions taken to remove a product from the market and may be seen as three types:
- A voluntary withdrawal of a product done by the company;
- Request made by the Food and Drug Administration; or
- By an FDA order under statutory authority.
Pet Food Recalls
Last 8 Months
Here is a list of the known pet food recalls for the last 8 months including January 2015. There are links for each one so that you can check out the details.
- January 30, 2015 — Grill-Phoria LLC of Loveland, CO is recalling its Big Bark All Natural Beef Jerky Treats for Dogs because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- January 23, 2015 — J.J. Fuds of Valparaiso, Indiana is recalling a select lot of J.J. Fuds Chicken Tender Chunks Pet Food because it may be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- January 16, 2015 – Oma’s Pride of Avon, CT is recalling Purr-Complete Feline Poultry Meal because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- December 31, 2014 – Jump Your Bones, Inc. of Boca Raton, FL is voluntarily recalling Jump Your Bones Brand Roo Bites Dog Treats because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- December 24, 2014 — Barkworthies of Richmond, VA is recalling select lots of Barkworthies Chicken Vittles dog chews because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- October 7, 2014 — PetSmart has announced that Loving Pets Corp is voluntarily recalling specific lots of Simply Nourish Biscotti with Beef and Sweet Potatoes Dog Treats due to the potential of mold growth.
- September 26, 2014 – Bravo of Manchester, CT is recalling select lots of Bravo Turkey and Chicken pet foods for dogs and cats because they could be contaminated with Salmonella.
- September 25, 2014 – Kong Aussie Sticks dog treats have been quietly recalled by the product manufacturer, JAKKS Pacific of Walnut, California due to possible contamination with mold.
- August 26, 2014 – Mars Petcare US has announced a voluntary recall of 22 bags of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food due to the possible presence of a foreign material.
- August 31, 2014 – Mars Petcare US has announced it is expanding last week’s voluntary recall of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food due to the possible presence of a foreign material.
- June 2, 2014 – Hill’s Pet Nutrition of Topeka, KS has announced it is voluntarily recalling 62 bags of Science Diet Adult Small and Toy Breed dry dog food as they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
Pet Food Recalls
Why Chance It?
If you want to learn about great pet food, we’re glad you found us. Life’s Abundance is holistically balanced and provides the nutritional harmony that’s important to help your dog or cat achieve and maintain optimal health.
- Natural pet food recipe that cats & dogs really crave
- High-quality ingredients provide nutritious meals
- “Fast-cook” at low temperature bumps up nutrition
- Strict inventory controls ensure quality and safety
- Fresher than other brands, only 4-to-6 weeks old
- Holistically balanced for your pet’s optimal health
- Feed less & provide better nourishment
- Developed to improve health and longevity
This is why Life’s Abundance Pet Food
HAS NEVER BEEN RECALLED
since the founding of the company
in 1999, sixteen years ago.
is a registered Executive Independent Field Representative
of Life’s Abundance products
and a Team Member of the Healthy PetNet Foundation