Pet Food Recalls
From FDA, 2014
by Keith Somers,
Like Dog Wonders on My Facebook Business Page
Pet food recalls are actions taken to remove a product from the market and may be seen as three types:
- A voluntary withdrawal of a product done by the company;
- A request made by the Food and Drug Administration; or
- By an FDA order under statutory authority.
Pet Food Recalls
So Far This Year
Here is a list of the known pet food recalls so far in 2014. There are links for each one so that you can check out the details.
- October 7, 2014 — PetSmart announced that Loving Pets Corp is voluntarily recalling specific lots of Simply Nourish Biscotti. The Beef and Sweet Potatoes Dog Treats have been recalled due to the potential of mold growth.
- September 26, 2014 – Bravo of Manchester, CT has announced it is recalling select lots of Bravo Turkey and Chicken pet foods for dogs and cats. The pet food recalls have been made because they have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- September 25, 2014 – Kong Aussie Sticks dog treats have been quietly recalled by the product manufacturer, JAKKS Pacific of Walnut, California. There is possible contamination with mold.
- August 31, 2014 – Mars Petcare US has announced it is expanding last week’s voluntary recall of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food. The decision was made due to the possible presence of a foreign material.
- August 26, 2014 – Mars Petcare US has announced a voluntary recall of 22 bags of Pedigree Adult Complete Nutrition dry dog food due to the possible presence of a foreign material.
- June 2, 2014 – Hill’s Pet Nutrition of Topeka, KS has announced it is voluntarily recalling 62 bags of Science Diet Adult Small and Toy Breed dry dog food. They have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.
- May 14, 2014 — Bravo of Manchester, CT is recalling select lots of Bravo Pet Food. The food has the potential to be contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes.
- May 27, 2014 – Pet Center, Inc of Los Angeles, California has issued a voluntary recall. This is for its Lamb Crunchy’s dog treats because it may be contaminated with Salmonella.
- February 5, 2014 – Pro-Pet LLC of St. Marys, Ohio has announced a voluntary recall of a limited number of dry dog and cat foods. The recall is because of possible Salmonella contamination.
Life’s Abundance Pet Food
Has Never Been Recalled—WHY?
If you want to learn about great pet food, we’re glad you found us. Life’s Abundance is holistically balanced and provides the nutritional harmony that’s important to help your dog or cat achieve and maintain optimal health.
- Natural pet food recipe that cats & dogs really crave
- High-quality ingredients provide nutritious meals
- “Fast-cook” at low temperature bumps up nutrition
- Strict inventory controls ensure quality and safety
- Fresher than other brands, only 4-to-6 weeks old
- Holistically balanced for your pet’s optimal health
- Feed less & provide better nourishment
- Developed to improve health and longevity
is a registered Executive Independent Field Representative
of Life’s Abundance products
and the Healthy PetNet Foundation