Dog Treat Recall Alert
Possible Contamination with Mold
by Keith Somers / Dog Wonders on Facebook
Yesterday, September 25, 2014, Kong Aussie Sticks were quietly removed from PetSmart stores. The dog treat recall was made by JAKKS Pacific. The manufacturer, located in Walnut, California, said that it was due to possible contamination with mold.
A company spokesperson said by an email: “The products were not dried properly so a small percentage of finished goods have gone moldy. Majority of the product is fine, and the mold was caught at our DC (Distribution Center?), but some product may have made it to PetSmart so we are recalling all the product at PetSmart and destroying all the product we have at our DC. The product can be returned to PetSmart for a full refund.”
Dog Treat Recall Sold
Only In PetSmart Stores
It seems that this product was sold only at PetSmart stores. The products that have been recalled have the following numbers:
- Item 75559—best before 01/30/16
- Item 75560—best before 01/31/16
U.S. citizens can report complaints about FDA regulated pet food products by going to http://www.fda.gov/petfoodcomplaints.
Canadian citizens can report any health or safety issues related to the use of this product. Just fill out a Consumer Product Incident Report Form.
Dog Treat Recalls Happen,
You Can Guard Against Them
Please keep in mind that all of the ingredients in any treats you give your family pets must be fresh. Additionally, they must clearly add to the overall quality of your dog’s nutrient intake. This is very important. Long-haul, “junk” treats can be harmful. So, be careful, and know what to look for when you make your purchase. They depend on you to choose wisely.
Would you would like to know more about what makes treats fresh, wholesome and nutritious?
Here is a great article on the subject:
Keith Somers is a registered
Independent Field Representative of Life’s Abundance products
and The HealthyPetNet Foundation
When contacting Life’s Abundance directly,
please use my ID# 20092539